2 ½ cups warm water
2 tbsp. yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup potato flakes
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. salt
6-8 cups flour
1 cube butter
1-2 cups brown sugar
2-4 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup pecans (optional)
1 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine warm water yeast sugar and potato flakes together in large mixer. DON’T STIR!!! Let mixture sit for 10 minutes to let the yeast activate and start to bubble.
3. Add oil, salt, and 1 cup of the flour. Mix until flour is mixed in. Add flour 1 cup at a time until the flour is gone. More flour may be needed so the dough is not sticky but should be soft.
4. Roll out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Soften butter and spread over entire surface. Sprinkle liberally with brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts, raisins, & chocolate chips.
5. Roll up an cut into 1" slices. Place in a 9x13 greased pan. Allow to rise until nearly double in size (30-45 minutes)
6. Bake at 350 oven for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cube butter softened
1 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
Mix well, beating on high until fluffy. Spread on cinnamon rolls while they are still warm.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are light brown.