I can't take any credit for this recipe. My friend Michelle sent me the link to this recipe. I changed it up a little for our family (my kids won't eat turkey bacon) and I needed more than 6 muffins. These are great to make on the weekend and then reheat throughout the week for a quick breakfast on the go.
2 cup Bisquick (or pancake mix of choice)
1 cup plus 1/4 C fat-free skim milk
4 slices bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy
4 slices ham chopped
1 C shredded cheese
1 tablespoon plain yogurt or applesauce (instead of veg. oil)
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
2. Scramble eggs and 1/4 C skim milk in bowl
3. In separate bowl, combine Bisquick, 1 cup skim milk and either 1 tbs yogurt, applesauce, or veg oil
4. Add 1/4 C scrambled egg mixture to pancake mix and blend well with fork until smooth
5. Cook remaining scrambled eggs, then mix cooked egg, bacon & ham together.
6. Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use baking cups
7. Add 1/2 tablespoon pancake mixture to muffin cups, spoon egg mixture into muffin cups
8. Sprinkle with cheese.
9. Top with remainder pancake mix
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden
Makes 12 muffins